Thursday, May 31, 2007

You know the muffin man? He's here!


This is what I heard SamP say yesterday, as I was under the time pressure of a chess clock, playing TS with Leroy.

I ignored him, no no avail.

Finally, I went outside to be greeted by some guy standing next to a bread truck, trying to sell me bread out of the back of his truck (a' la The Chicken Man). "No Thanks," I tell him, and start to shut the door.

Turns out, he's a neighbor with his own business, trying to GIVE me about 300 buns for a block party we're planning this weekend. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! [Picture above is the actual buns, currently sitting in my entryway]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We assume the block party is on Sat?

'rents

kieron said...

Correct! At 4pm...then we're coming down to see you guys on Sunday! Unfortunately, Maddie can't come (some sort of dance practice make-up thing for an upcoming recital).

As a matter of fact, mark your calendar for the recital (it's on June 16th in the evening).