Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Undying Loyalty

From last Saturday: $7,000 later, my speedway card has finally paid off - I was awarded 3 donuts. I was so excited. To be fair, I was also awarded a cup of coffee awhile back. So, for my undying loyalty, I've gotten about a .1% discount. THANKS, SPEEDWAY!

I heard an interesting talk on Monday by Matthew Kelley (an Australian who's written 10+ books and talked to over 3 million people). He asked what is "defining" our culture. His argument is that it's consumerism. Coke is "the real thing". Christians has always been counter-cultural. Nothing new, but he was a good speaker (passionate, funny, and had a lot of good examples).

Right now, I'm watching Molly play soccer (YMCA) as I write this (which makes her mad - but she's back guarding the goal and I do pay attention when the ball's in her area). They won 7-0.

No comments: