Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The open house went well

The open house went well - we had about 100 people. We had more shuttles than necessary (which is better than not having enough, I guess).

I repost the comments from a previous post, for your convenience:

Anonymous said...

Went to the FAME open house and was glad to be reminded that Christianizing the untouchables of India rescues them from the misery of the caste system.

It was also emphasized that they are the shepherds (biblical parlance for environmentalists??) and being the meekest among us shall inherit the earth and continue to be its caretaker.

November 18, 2006 5:43 PM

Delete
kieron said...

I'm glad you went!

I think (but am not sure) that the "shepherds" reference was literal (hearding cows, pigs, etc.).

I was impressed that 14% of India are "shepherds" - which is 150 million people! Half the size of America...just of shepherds!

November 18, 2006 11:26 PM

====================

Things have been piling up a bit at work, but I think now I'll have a chance to dig out. Thank goodness for automatic extensions!

I finished reading "The Catcher in the Rye" recently. I figured since it was such a big part of American culture, I should check it out. The second half was really good - I'm glad I read it.

On the other hand, LaBrava, by Elmore Leonard, I decided to stop reading...there was a scene that made me uncomfortable, and since I was reading it "for pleasure"...

My Mom had loaned it to me, saying that it wasn't one of his (Elmore's) best. Plus, I guess coming off J.D., even a master of character development like Elmore pales.

No comments: