Monday, May 23, 2005

Summertime Fun - A puddle of Mud


Sub-Saharan Africa, or Irvington?


Molly, Maddie, Delaney, Remy, Georgia.

This wheel-rut-turned-joyous-summer-watering-hole was created over the past ten years by the repetitive unsuccessful navigations of my lovely wife, Courtney. It is a source of daily aggravation to me, as I am convinced that, left unchecked, it will eventually lead to China.

These (and sometimes additional) children play in it for hours, emptying the water, lining it with gravel, refilling it with clean water, etc. etc.

I have recently taken to threatening to fill it in with concrete.

1 comment:

kieron said...

Yeah, it's hard now that there are TWO HUGE WHEEL RUTS on each side of the driveway. Well, I guess that shouldn't make it harder.

Ok, maybe it is hard. I still blame you.