Friday, July 16, 2010

In Line at the Local Bakery

I was waiting in line at Hart's bakery to use my $12 groupon that I bought for $6, and this woman in front of me was picking out over $20 worth of baked goods.

Now, let me tell you, you can get a LOT of baked goods for $20...and she wanted all different kinds. It was taking awhile.

I kept hearing exasperated sighs from another woman behind me, dressed in her uniform and obviously in a hurry.

So I ask her, "Do you just need one thing?"

With a furrowed brow and a bit of a roll of her eyes, she said, "Yes."

After the woman in front of me was done, I motion the uniformed lady to go in front of me. She nods curtly to me and says to the cashier, "One smiley-faced cookie, please."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written little snippet told esp. well...also pretty funny....tx for sharing. I'm smiling the smiley face atm.

jomama