Monday, June 22, 2009

Globetrotter Day 1: Ellettsville, Indiana?!


Welcome, dear reader, to the beginning of my travelogue for my trip to France and Germany with my Dad (Breon). Here is the gist of the next ten days:

  • He is going to do a reading/panel discussion for a book he is (re)translating (The Tin Drum) in Berlin on July 2nd for National Public German Radio (I'm sure I've got 50% of that wrong). That is the main reason for the trip.
  • Before that we'll spend a few days relaxing and recovering from jetlag in Paris. We'll have dinner at a fancy restaurant w/ some friends of his, he'll go to some book stores to pick up some books he bought for his job (they are expensive, so it's better if they are hand-carried, I imagine).
  • We'll take the train to Berlin and stay in a Villa on the Wannsee (apparently quite beautiful).
  • In addition to the panel and book store visits, there are flea markets, museums, and book auctions to spend time at!

Tonight, I'm sleeping in the bedroom I had as a child (from age 11 up). It no longer has the sports-themed wallpaper, and there is really no hint that I ever inhabited it for a short 6 years, about 20 years ago.

The picture at the top of this entry is an example of the current decor.

3 comments:

BillAltman said...

Is the TRS80 with the casette drive gone too??

Kelley said...

Hi Kieron! We miss you~! What does your shirt mean? Kelley

kieron said...

TRS80: I had forgotten that machine! I think it was borrowed!

T-Shirt: What T-Shirt?