Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I am hereby declaring a boycott

In November 2007 I asked local businesses to post a flyer to promote the local churches' Thanksgiving meal for the underprivileged. Every business I asked in the neighborhood was happy to post it except for one: the Antique Mall of Irvington by Jack & Jill.

I also suspect this store to be more of a flea-market than an antique store (the definition of an antique requiring the item to be more than 100 years old...and I doubt most (any?) things in the store are that old).

I am thus hereby declaring a boycott on Jack and Jill's "Antique" store, on the corner of Ritter and Washington, to be reviewed December of 2008. Furthermore, I will put antique in quotes when referring to this store, as an indication of my disdain for stores which misrepresent themselves in this manner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me when to stop rolling my eyes.

kieron said...

NOW! Sorry, that must have been a tough 15 hours. ;-)