Friday, April 14, 2006

Hail the SIZE OF GOLFBALLS!

They started out dime-sized, and just kept getting bigger.

Kelley's front window of her HOUSE was broken in. These suckers were ROCK HARD, and I think could have been lethal.

Molly was terrified - the noise as they hit the cars was incredible.

In this photo, if you look closely just above the headlight you can see an obvious dent. Wasn't there before. The hood is covered with dents.

I've never seen hail (in real life) this size before.

Time to sell your car insurance stock.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was amazing to watch it come down. An awesome sight (not cool "awesome", but impressive "awesome")! I live in the same neighborhood as k-man so we got the same.

In fact k-man, I did get some video of the event. Maybe you'd like a clip for your blog? Unfortunately it was as it was tapering down, and not during the the height of the "barrage", but it does show how much came down. Even some cool shots of the neighbors trampoline shooting hailstones from thier yard to ours!

My car got dimpled too. Maybe it'll help the aerodynamics (it works for golf balls)?

kieron said...

Yeah - gimme the vid. and I'll post it...