Friday, July 29, 2005

Update for 7/29/05

This past week Maddie has been in JA Camp. She is really having fun - learning about microecon. and philanthropy [added photos at the bottom of the post on 8/8]. It's nice they have a focus on that. Today at 3:30 they are doing some sort of graduation thing, which is why I'm not at work at the moment.

Molly this week went to a 4-day (just 1/2 days) VBS at the Family Center (Regnum Christi). Other than a rug burn, she seemed to have fun! Next week (starting Sunday) she's going to CYO camp (same place Maddie went) for four days. She's not been away from home like that b4...yikes!

Kerry and Breon are flying back from Germany on Sunday, I'm going to try and (at least) meet them at the 'port, if not convince Kerry to stay a few days with us.

Court had her book club on Wed, and I played poker last night (lost). I'm on a two session losing streak. It's starting to bother me.

Tomorrow (Sat.) I'm at work from 9a - 2p, helping to load a semi-trailer bound for Tegucigalpa, Honduras. It only costs about $3,000 to send over 30,000 pounds of stuff down there. $0.10 per pound isn't bad! Plus they end up keeping the trailer - some missions turn it into living quarters (the picture at the end of this post is what the Navy has done with some containers)!

On monday Maddie is sleeping over at the zoo (hopefully she won't kill any emus)?!? Sounds strange to me, but apparently, that's what's happening.

Tuesday the construction guy is coming over for some reason (the add-on begins in September). His name is Mr. Courtney (which is why we chose him). His bid was the middle of the three we got...

Molly has started piano lessons (I'm reminded since she is practicing RIGHT NOW). She takes them from a nice "old" lady down the street. Molly seem more interested than Maddie was when Maddie took them (Maddie did last a year, however). We'll see how long Molly lasts.

I remember my Mom had to PAY me to practice piano. I guess my price eventually got too high (I refused to continue after a year or two). Oh well...C'est la vie.

Better run...

Maddie, caught in the act of SWEEPING AT CAMP?!?
The image “http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_050612-N-4309A-335.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The Navy uses containers as living quarters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE containers. Kudos to navy for recycling but they sure are ugly and don't look like they'd hold up in any semi-forceful act of nature. I guess the gov doesn't have to worrry about liability lawsuits, etc.

Anonymous said...

Guess we'll do most anything in front of a camera. Maddie, however, lookin' just the part...

Anonymous said...

I before E except after C.

So priest/receive, etc....

your frienkly editor, oops, oh well...